Tuesday, May 22, 2007

intent

In our contract it says that you agree:
To maintain honest and open communication and be treated with nothing but the same.
To strive to reveal my thoughts, feelings, and desires without hesitation or embarrassment. This is quoted directly from the contract on page 2. Do you feel that what happened on Sunday was in line with the intent of this contract?If so, explain.If not, explain.I would also like for you to list at least 3 solutions as to how we can each improve communication
<---blog assignment for today



at no point on sunday did i refuse to talk about the situation. i had said that i didnt want to talk about it right now, yes. i dont belive that was out of line in any way.. the contract says "strive to reveal my thougts, feelings and desires without hesitation or embarassment."



strive - to try very hard or struggle



communication is something ive struggled with my entire life. i have been trying very hard to get better at it and at least i, feel that i have improved a lot since 4 months ago. i dont think anything happened that was out of line as far as the contracts intent. at all. if i dont have an option of wanting to talk about it at a later time then maybe that should be added in.



as far as solutions go..



dont push. panic comes swift and easily. telling me ive got 30 seconds to talk or go home.. is going to push me to go home. talking or going home isnt an option, its an ultimadum. no one responds well to those. when You sit there getting angry at my tears.. that certinly isnt going to make me open up any easier or faster. it makes it so much harder. Your upset before i even say anything. it makes me think that the rest isnt going to go any better


dont be jealous. there isnt anything to be jealous of. i love BOTH of You very much.

give me time to gather my thoughts and emotions.. my courage. i know by now that not talking isnt an option. i know that. so when i sit there im not trying to get out of it or refusing to talk.

as for me.. i dont know what i could to to improve on listening.. as You havent told me of anything that i need to pay attention to. You told me on sunday, that in the begening of the relationship You had the attitude of "well is she isnt going to talk to Me then im not going to talk to her" i belive W/we are over that. as i feel that i have improved a great deal. maybe You disagree. i dont know.
patience with eachother is key


understanding that one has a hardship, and the other doesnt is important also.

and comming to the middle so that neither of us feels pushed or pulled.




No comments: