Thursday, May 17, 2007

loving

ah.. finally we come to loving. i belong to a yahoo group for D/s noobs. and a question was posted last week about if love is a must in any BDSM relationship.. and my first thought was.. of course it is! its weird to see how different people reacted to that question. a couple of weeks ago, Miss Fran posted about devotion. for me love and devotion go hand and hand, how can you be completely devoted to someone, and not love them, or at least feel for them a great deal? and if you love someone, how can you not be completely devoted? there are lots of ways to show love. but for me the best way to show love is to do what She asks of me, not grudgingly, but because i love Her and i know that doing those things makes Her happy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post! I've been wondering about this ever since I read Histoire d'O.

Perhaps love wouldn't be required or even desirable if the only goals for a (particular) bdsm-relation were complete enslavement and objectification.

So I suppose it is possible, but is it also desirable? Why would you suffer for someone you don't love? Why would you - on a permanent basis - want to torture - both physically and emotionally - anyone you don't love?

Is it even possible not to fall in love with your Dom(me)?